Leadership by Design Survey
This survey instrument mirrors my Leadership by Design Framework for Success. See my handout to read more about my philosophy. The work I do supports my clients to experience these statements as true and a normal part of their daily lives. In doing so, their personal and professional lives gain momentum and are more successful and fulfilling.
There are no right or wrong answers. Give a rating for each statement on a scale of 1 to 5, where 5 corresponds to ‘very true’ and 1 corresponds to ‘rarely true’. Make notes for your own clarification.
Vision. Plan. Build.
- I have short term and strategic visions for my life and business. ______
- It is easy for me to determine what information or skills I need and then go obtain it. ______
- It is easy for me to take in new information and apply it to my life/ business, reaping relatively immediate and tangible results. ______
- My life/business is moving forward and trending upward at a pace that I am pleased with. Life is moving forward how I envision it can and should. ______
- I feel confident that I can achieve what I want to in life/business. ______
- I am up to the challenges that life/business presents. ______
- I am current with my life and business affairs: finances, taxes, home maintenance, wills, health, income, retirement. ______
- My overall emotional experience of my life/business is contentment and satisfaction. ______
Empowerment. In life.
- I consistently advocate for my own needs and wants; I consistently receive what I need. ______
- The majority of my relationships are reciprocal; there is a balance between giving and receiving. ______
- I have healthy boundaries in all areas of my life: personal well-being, family, parents, children, friends, work, neighbors, volunteering, career. ______
- I do not “dim my light” or play small. My family, friends, work get “all of me” all the time. ______
- I am able to say “no”, and do say “no.” ______
- I consistently make requests to others; and make demands as needed. ______
- I do NOT experience much frustration, resentment or resignation in my daily life. I do NOT hear myself making complaints as I share what is going on with friends. ______
- I am transparent in my conversations with others. ______
- I trust myself. ______
Empowerment. In business or career.
- I have healthy work/life balance. ______
- I have energy reserves at the end of the work day and have a life outside of work. ______
- My voice is heard; people pay attention to what I have to say. ______
- I can express my thoughts. ______
- I can state my position and stand my ground. ______
- I am in action towards my business/career goals. I work my business/career consistently. ______
- I delegate to my team and/or gather the support I need. ______
- I deal with conflict in a timely and clean manner. ______
- I trust myself and those I work with. ______
- I am in my profession by choice; I have not ‘settled for’ in order to make an income. ______
Unconditionally Embrace Myself.
- I am proud of who I am. ______
- I like myself. ______
- I understand what I need to function day to day and give it to myself. ______
- I consistently make great decisions. ______
- I give myself the time and space I need to honor my own processes. ______
- I remain myself all the time: when I am in huge crowds and when I am by myself. ______
- If I do experience guilt or shame, it is fleeting and does not interrupt my flow of life. ______
- I see my strengths clearly. I can own them. ______
- I do not relate to those things I am not ‘good’ at as flaws or faults. ______
- I value my uniqueness. I see it as my gift to others. ______
- My sense of self-worth remains constant and is not dependent on specific people, opinions or events. ______
©2015 Catherine Rivers Leadership by Design | www.catherinerivers.com
Want to work on your leadership issues with the support of an expert? Contact me to see if I have what you need.